Sunday, September 26, 2010

A kingly gift

My brother-in-law showed up last night with a kingly gift: two bottles of A1 Steak Sauce. Hooray for brothers-in-law!

There's a store down by his house that sells imported American goods. It is a measure of my desperation that I think $13 for a medium bottle is a fair deal. The next day I rushed down there and picked up some non-essentials like a can of enchilada sauce and a jar of kosher dills.

The place is just a tiny store-front attached to a warehouse, but it was packed with 20 or 30 younger people. Oddly, I was the only American there. I can't imagine what possesses Aussies to pay those prices for common foodstuffs.

Well, except for the A1. I can totally understand that; the local equivalent, HP Sauce, is just dreadful.

No comments:

Post a Comment